OKRCRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Okrcrc 2013 comp# 1 Disney Oklahoma
I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm by chad30w

» Okrcrc 2013 comp# 1 Disney Oklahoma
I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm by chad30w

» scale comp class
I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:46 pm by Gdirtbike

» 2012 Season
I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:42 pm by Gdirtbike

» Okrcrc Comp #5 of 2012
I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 6:38 pm by chad30w

» Okrcrc Comp#4 Disney ok
I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:53 pm by OKJeepin

» Happy Mother's DAY
I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:32 pm by OKJeepin

» The Sons Comp Truck
I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:11 pm by backroads

» Romanose State Park
I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:07 pm by backroads

I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP

+2
ElkySS
JBHardwear
6 posters

OKRCRC :: Tech :: 2.2 Comp

Go down

I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP Empty I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP

Post by JBHardwear Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:36 am

After seeing CD's post I have decided that I want to go Lipo, I need alot of help seeing how I have never owned one. I need a 2 cell Lipo is the only for sure thing I know, I need to know why, where and what to buy. I need to know what lipo and what charger, I want Good quality at a price I can afford. Neutral

JBHardwear
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Male Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP Empty Re: I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP

Post by ElkySS Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:14 pm

With LIPO you also have to have a Balancer. Every time you charge the pack you have to balance it so that all of the cells will have the same amount of power. What ESC are you running? You said you need a 2 cell but I have one of the Sidewinder's and a 3 cell pack that works great. Personally I would not buy any LIPO that did not come from Max amps. They are good strong packs and they have great customer service.

HERE is the updated version of the charger and balancer that I have. Mine are two different pieces of hardware. In the new one they are built into one. I like this one better but I don't want to get rid of mine right now.

As far as the battery goes, where are you wanting to mount it? I have THIS plate on my front axle on my AX10 which moves my servo over to the side and lets me mount my battery on the passenger side next to the servo. So if you have room on the front that would be perfect. If not then you would have to see where you can mount it before you could really decide on which pack to run.

MaxAmps has THIS pack that is a saddle pack 2 cell LIPO.

HERE is a 2 Cell version of the pack that I am running to the side of my servo.

And HERE is the pack that I am running. If your ESC can take a 3 cell I would do that. You are going to get a much better discharge rate and longer run times. I never had to charge at the comps with my 3 cell. If you still can't decide let us know and we will be happy to help out any way we can. If you do decide to order PM or email me ( Greg.Crumbliss@gmail.com) and let me know first. I might be able to get you a little bit off if you trust me enough...

Twisted Evil
ElkySS
ElkySS
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Male Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP Empty Re: I do not wanna be a caveman any longer...PLEASE HELP

Post by ElkySS Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:47 pm

O yea and if you are still lost you can always call MaxAmps and talk to an expert toll free at 888-654-4450. I have only been using them for about a year now so I really don't know it all. Like I said they have great customer service and I think it is a pretty small bunch of guys. I called in one time and had ordered the wrong thing and realized it about an hour later. When I called them, the person I was talking to took the phone (cordless I guess) and ran down to shipping. I could hear him pulling the tape off of the box (an hour after I ordered it) and he repacked it with the right thing for me.
ElkySS
ElkySS
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JBHardwear Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:40 pm

Man thanks for the info, I am looking at the 2 cell version of the one you are running. I am running the Rooster Crawler ESC and it is only rated for 2 cell. Find out what you can do for me on 2 batteries and a charger.

JBHardwear
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkySS Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:53 pm

you have been PMed... Smile
ElkySS
ElkySS
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CD13 Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:06 pm

X2 on Max Amps,They got me on the right track.I had a thunder lipo and a max amps,they each needed their own Balancer connection and max amps where a big help.Now if I were you and only wanted 7.2 volts,I'd stay with my 2/3 AA's.The only reason to go lipo is it take a bunch of batteries to make 11.0 volts
CD13
CD13
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkySS Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:09 pm

I love LIPO because it is strait power from start to finish. It does not start strong and then slow down as you use it.
ElkySS
ElkySS
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DARKHORSE Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:46 pm

Hell, I run a 2c lipo from thunderpower or something to that effect, I dont need no stinkin balancer.. Thats why my goat has an automatic lipo cutoff circuitry built into it.. It detects before it goes into the no no area.. I think I have used it like 40 times and haven't had an issue with it at all..
DARKHORSE
DARKHORSE
OKRCRC

Male Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by CD13 Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Yep and one of these days your counter top will be more than broken.I hope you have it on the stove top when charging. Laughing
CD13
CD13
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DARKHORSE Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:31 am

CD13 wrote:Yep and one of these days your counter top will be more than broken.I hope you have it on the stove top when charging. Laughing

What you talkin bout willis? I charge in my tahoe Shocked
DARKHORSE
DARKHORSE
OKRCRC

Back to top Go down

Post by CD13 Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:31 am

And you think a broken glass is a big deal affraid
CD13
CD13
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkySS Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:42 pm

I have not seen one blow yet but Lipo fire is always in the back of my head. Having said that... I will pay a dollar to watch one blow under the hood of the tahoe. I have not gotten to see a car burn to the ground in a long time. Smile
ElkySS
ElkySS
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaun Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:22 pm

ElkySS wrote:I have not seen one blow yet but Lipo fire is always in the back of my head. Having said that... I will pay a dollar to watch one blow under the hood of the tahoe. I have not gotten to see a car burn to the ground in a long time. Smile

For a dollar!? I can take care of that, do you think Darkhorse will mind though?
Shaun
Shaun
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2008-06-23

http://www.okrcrc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DARKHORSE Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:41 pm

How bout I give you morons each a dollar to let me kick you in the nads, Good thing about full coverage insurance, Ill just get another. one..
DARKHORSE
DARKHORSE
OKRCRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaun Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:53 pm

Damn, I'm going to be rich by the time you guys get done giving out dollars... and in alot of pain.
Shaun
Shaun
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2008-06-23

http://www.okrcrc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkySS Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:25 pm

my nads are worth more than your thaoe. Smile

Last edited by ElkySS on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
ElkySS
ElkySS
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JBHardwear Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:08 pm

You can kick me for a dollar, for a hundred, you can kick me 101 times Twisted Evil

JBHardwear
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RAZRBYRD Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:12 pm

Get the Hyperion Charger EOS066i. It has a built in balancer. I use it and it GGRRRREEAAATTT!!
RAZRBYRD
RAZRBYRD
OKRCRC

Male Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down