OKRCRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Okrcrc 2013 comp# 1 Disney Oklahoma
Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR?  Which is better value? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm by chad30w

» Okrcrc 2013 comp# 1 Disney Oklahoma
Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR?  Which is better value? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm by chad30w

» scale comp class
Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR?  Which is better value? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:46 pm by Gdirtbike

» 2012 Season
Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR?  Which is better value? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:42 pm by Gdirtbike

» Okrcrc Comp #5 of 2012
Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR?  Which is better value? I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 6:38 pm by chad30w

» Okrcrc Comp#4 Disney ok
Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR?  Which is better value? I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:53 pm by OKJeepin

» Happy Mother's DAY
Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR?  Which is better value? I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:32 pm by OKJeepin

» The Sons Comp Truck
Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR?  Which is better value? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:11 pm by backroads

» Romanose State Park
Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR?  Which is better value? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:07 pm by backroads

Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR? Which is better value?

4 posters

OKRCRC :: Tech :: 2.2 Comp

Go down

Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR?  Which is better value? Empty Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR? Which is better value?

Post by w0ace Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:41 pm

What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards the ARTR since it has the straight rear axel, 30* bent lower links, heavy duty lockers....Seems like its a better value since I would still have to add all that to the kit. Plus, it'll save a day or two build time....

What do you guys think?

Also, what kind of run times are you guys getting with the 55T motors and your battery of choice? Thinking about building a couple split 6 cell 3600mah packs for the front axel, then saw a guy in a mag running a 860mah lipo..? Seems like he wouldn't have much run time. I only get about 12 minutes with my 3600mah packs on my Slash with a 12T motor, so I'm wondering about the time with these 55T if its really longer or not.....?

Thanks for the info in advance........
w0ace
w0ace
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Male Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR?  Which is better value? Empty Re: Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR? Which is better value?

Post by ElkySS Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:53 pm

I run a maxamps 11.1V 2100mah lipo on mine. fits nice on my front axle. I never have to charge at a comp and have always had plenty to stop and play on the way home. Great thing about lipo is 100% power from start to finish. A good 3 cell and you will never have to worry about it. Smile
ElkySS
ElkySS
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Male Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR?  Which is better value? Empty Re: Axial AX-10 Kit or ARTR? Which is better value?

Post by Shaun Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:55 pm

I'm running a 860mah 3S lipo, I get about 20-30 minutes runtime. With a 3000mah pack I can crawl for around 1 1/2 hours.

I would go with the ARTR if it was me, you just seem to get alot more for just a little more.
Shaun
Shaun
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2008-06-23

http://www.okrcrc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkySS Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:56 pm

I forgot about your fist question... I don't have much hands on with the ARTR but a big advantage to the kit is that you can get what ever motor/ESC/everything else that you want right up front. Aftermarket is usually better in the long run or there would not be a market for aftermarket parts. On the flip side... the ARTR will save you a lot of build time and get you on the rocks now and who know, maybe you will like the ESC/motor combo. I guess when it comes down to it, it is all a personal preference.

Last edited by ElkySS on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
ElkySS
ElkySS
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaun Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:15 pm

ElkySS wrote:I forgot about your fist question... I would I don't have much hands on with the ARTR but a big advantage to the kit is that you can get what ever motor/ESC/everything else that you want right up front. Aftermarket is usually better in the long run or there would not be a market for aftermarket parts. On the flip side... the ARTR will save you a lot of build time and get you on the rocks now and who know, maybe you will like the ESC/motor combo. I guess when it comes down to it, it is all a personal preference.

Your thinking of the RTR, the ARTR is just a roller, it comes built minus ESC, Servo, Motor, and radio.
Shaun
Shaun
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2008-06-23

http://www.okrcrc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkySS Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:24 pm

oops... my bad... you are right. Been one of those kind of days... Work has been hell and I am a little brain fried. right now. I still like the kit better personally. you can get what you want right up front and then feel like you are a part of it in the long run. Plus, I thought it was fun to look up and see Jeniffer just glaring at me as I had parts all of the living room floor putting mine together. Then again she loves me because I aggravate the hell out of her. Smile
ElkySS
ElkySS
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jbrentd Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:27 pm

I like building my kit, even though most of it is gone now. It helped me "know" the truck better.
jbrentd
jbrentd
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by w0ace Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:48 pm

Got my kit today!!!!! I wanted a ARTR since it had most of the upgrades I really wanted, but they had a kit in-stock at HobbyTown this morning, so I got it!

Now I am working on painting the body. I'm going to wait on building the kit till I get some upgrades for it and build them in.

Here is what I have planned now:

Rear:
Heavy duty ring and bevel gear
Heavy duty Locker
Plastic rear steer lock-out, and new steel axel shafts
Rear 4 link/servo mount (use for dig servo)
30* rear bent lower links

Front:
Heavy duty ring and bevel gear
Heavy duty locker
Front 4 link/servo mount
2 Battery mount plates
Aluminum C hubs
Universal shafts and joints
30* bent lower links

Am I missing anything I really need to add????

Going to use my 3PM 2.4ghz system, so I'll only have 4wd or rear locked on the dig to start with. I plan on building the one from the crawler forum from iron pipe for now.

I'm leaning towards the Novak Rooster, 55T combo right now. I also think I'll use my digital hi-torque Traxxas servo for the rear dig and get a nicer Hitec for steering.
w0ace
w0ace
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:56 am

jbrentd wrote:I like building my kit, even though most of it is gone now. It helped me "know" the truck better.
I agree, now that you got your rig I think you should take it all apart and then put it back together before it hits the rocks. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by w0ace Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:51 pm

ROCKEDUP RICKY wrote:
jbrentd wrote:I like building my kit, even though most of it is gone now. It helped me "know" the truck better.
I agree, now that you got your rig I think you should take it all apart and then put it back together before it hits the rocks. Neutral

I got the KIT.....I'll be building later this week when more parts come in for it. About ready to do some painting I think.
w0ace
w0ace
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down