OKRCRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Okrcrc 2013 comp# 1 Disney Oklahoma
Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm by chad30w

» Okrcrc 2013 comp# 1 Disney Oklahoma
Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm by chad30w

» scale comp class
Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:46 pm by Gdirtbike

» 2012 Season
Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:42 pm by Gdirtbike

» Okrcrc Comp #5 of 2012
Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ?? I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 6:38 pm by chad30w

» Okrcrc Comp#4 Disney ok
Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ?? I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:53 pm by OKJeepin

» Happy Mother's DAY
Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ?? I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:32 pm by OKJeepin

» The Sons Comp Truck
Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:11 pm by backroads

» Romanose State Park
Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:07 pm by backroads

Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ??

3 posters

OKRCRC :: Tech :: 2.2 Comp

Go down

Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ?? Empty Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ??

Post by procraft98 Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:37 pm

Hey guys, i'm thinking of hoping on the MOA wagon and was wondering your input on the two. Also, is the Dx3r worth it? Thanks Thumbs up
procraft98
procraft98
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Male Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ?? Empty Re: Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ??

Post by DARKHORSE Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:10 pm

procraft98 wrote:Hey guys, i'm thinking of hoping on the MOA wagon and was wondering your input on the two. Also, is the Dx3r worth it? Thanks Thumbs up

Awesome!!! And you cant go wrong with the DX3R. Its well worth it Thumbs up
DARKHORSE
DARKHORSE
OKRCRC

Male Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ?? Empty Re: Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ??

Post by procraft98 Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:25 pm

What are the pro's and con's of either one? The Bully axles are about 100 bucks cheaper.
procraft98
procraft98
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chad30w Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:36 pm

dx3r definatley worth it........I chose the berg over bully cause most of the guys where running berg therefore if i broke there was a high chance someone might have the part i didn't vice versa........cons of berg are different offset wheels. pro's to the bully is your axial wheels will work, con is if broken who's gonna have your parts at the comp????turning isn't all that good with the bully's unless you mod the knuckles........Dustin Keeler ran bully's for a while maybe he can chime in on this Basketball
chad30w
chad30w
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by procraft98 Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:47 pm

Thanks Chad. A set of Bergs came up for sale on RCC that i'm hoping haven't sold yet. If they haven't i'm buying and Rpp has the dx3r on for 269 so i'm going to jump on that offer Smile
procraft98
procraft98
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:41 pm

procraft98 wrote:What are the pro's and con's of either one? The Bully axles are about 100 bucks cheaper.

YES and about 100 LBS heavier. affraid
I just found some Bergs for 100 on RCC and sold the bullys. I would look for the bergs instead if the bullys. I had to buy an expensive servo thanks to the weight on my rig cracking a borrowed servo when my bully went belly side up.

You can always add weight with the berg, and only shed so much with the bully

Back to top Go down

Post by procraft98 Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:13 pm

I was liking the Bully bc i can still use my VP wheels with them. I could shed the weight in the wheels which would be less rotating mass right? I have a JR 8711 so the servo isn't a problem. Even though they are heavier, the cg is still low right? Not much on RCC about the new Berg V2...... would those be an option?
procraft98
procraft98
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chad30w Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:20 pm

yes a very good option as well those are already straight axled and narrow so you can use your wheels, Oh and i think they come clocked already as well........bonus bonus bonus
chad30w
chad30w
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by procraft98 Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:27 pm

chad30w wrote:yes a very good option as well those are already straight axled and narrow so you can use your wheels, Oh and i think they come clocked already as well........bonus bonus bonus

You are talking about the new V2 Bergs right?
procraft98
procraft98
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chad30w Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:32 pm

yeah those are the rascals cheers
chad30w
chad30w
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by procraft98 Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:37 pm

My VP wheels are the axial offset though. Will they still work with the V2 bergs?

I also found this quote about the bully axles from JpCustoms:

"The Weigt of the Bully2's is a good thing... Run some light weight Wheels throw a few oz of lead on the front ones and call it done. You don't have to add tons of weight to the Wheels now. This lets your drivetrain spool up faster and easier then with bergs with tons of weights strapped to the wheels. "
procraft98
procraft98
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chad30w Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:41 pm

Yes the v2's are supposed to work with the axial offset wheels. I'm not sayin the bully's are a bad thing by any means I just didn't like that the turning radius seemed really weak with out modifying the knuckles and I don't know if you have to clock bully's or not? But I'll be a berg guy 4EVR
chad30w
chad30w
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by procraft98 Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:49 pm

I appreciate your help. You have more MOA experience than I do Very Happy
I know the Bully's are clocked and everyone on RCC says they are like a tank and don't break, which is a plus. But I never saw you or Ricky break either, so..... tough decision scratch
procraft98
procraft98
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chad30w Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:55 pm

I can tell you this i have broken many dogbones, but a simple fix with a hpi pin....and have broken one third gear in it a 6.99 fix. The problem you have going MOA is the dig, punk is the way to go but don't skimp on motors because your relying on them to hold the truck. Losi LCC and mOA kit will be the hot setup....lol But to each and their own....LMAO But with bully or berg get GOOD hand wounds or you will be dissapointed in the holding power and your dig will wanna roll through instead of diggin.
chad30w
chad30w
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DARKHORSE Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:39 am

You guys are forgetting that I have bully 2's on my rig. My steering is awesome, But they weigh a ton. But that isnt much of a problem. As far as indestructible, I can attest too that. They take a beating and I havent broke a damn thing.
DARKHORSE
DARKHORSE
OKRCRC

Back to top Go down

Post by procraft98 Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:03 pm

DARKHORSE wrote:You guys are forgetting that I have bully 2's on my rig. My steering is awesome, But they weigh a ton. But that isnt much of a problem. As far as indestructible, I can attest too that. They take a beating and I havent broke a damn thing.

cheers Thanks DH!! I've been reading really good reviews on these axles as far as the price point and dependability. What chassis are you running?? I'm thinking of running the JP Customs Havoc. Any suggestions on a chassis? I see DNA is out of buisiness so no more mantis or slingshot No
procraft98
procraft98
OKRCRC Member
OKRCRC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DARKHORSE Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:32 am

procraft98 wrote:
DARKHORSE wrote:You guys are forgetting that I have bully 2's on my rig. My steering is awesome, But they weigh a ton. But that isnt much of a problem. As far as indestructible, I can attest too that. They take a beating and I havent broke a damn thing.

cheers Thanks DH!! I've been reading really good reviews on these axles as far as the price point and dependability. What chassis are you running?? I'm thinking of running the JP Customs Havoc. Any suggestions on a chassis? I see DNA is out of buisiness so no more mantis or slingshot No

Im running the Havoc from JP Customs. Its a pretty awesome chassis. Im also running a set of 35x2 warrior LE's from jpcustoms, Punk dig switch, mamba max esc, and 3s lipo
Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ?? 24zivz4
Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ?? 2qn7hmo
Berg axles or Bully Axles... that is the ?? 6qec9d
DARKHORSE
DARKHORSE
OKRCRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down