OKRCRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Okrcrc 2013 comp# 1 Disney Oklahoma
Central Oklahoma crawl spots. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm by chad30w

» Okrcrc 2013 comp# 1 Disney Oklahoma
Central Oklahoma crawl spots. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm by chad30w

» scale comp class
Central Oklahoma crawl spots. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:46 pm by Gdirtbike

» 2012 Season
Central Oklahoma crawl spots. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:42 pm by Gdirtbike

» Okrcrc Comp #5 of 2012
Central Oklahoma crawl spots. I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 6:38 pm by chad30w

» Okrcrc Comp#4 Disney ok
Central Oklahoma crawl spots. I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:53 pm by OKJeepin

» Happy Mother's DAY
Central Oklahoma crawl spots. I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:32 pm by OKJeepin

» The Sons Comp Truck
Central Oklahoma crawl spots. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:11 pm by backroads

» Romanose State Park
Central Oklahoma crawl spots. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:07 pm by backroads

Central Oklahoma crawl spots.

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Central Oklahoma crawl spots. Empty Central Oklahoma crawl spots.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:55 am

You Central Okies need to start looking for some comp worthy crawl spots in your area. I've been googling around ,haven't found anything yet. I might have to go for a drive and scout it out.

If we can find some comp worthy places to have a comp at ,it would be great. The spots we comp at now are great ,but it's to far for everybody all the time. I have more spots that would great for a comp, but there are all in the north east side of Oklahoma.

When you go looking take your rig and take some pics of your rig on the rocks to give us a better idea of the area.Keep in mind that it has to be easy to get to and make sure it's OK for us to be there. And we got to be able to run 3 courses at one time.

So get busy and start looking or don't BITCH about driving to the spots we have. I'll go anywhere there is a Comp Worthy place to go. We need to spread it out if we can.

Last edited by ROCKEDUP RICKY on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Central Oklahoma crawl spots. Empty Re: Central Oklahoma crawl spots.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:31 am

Does anybody know where Cleveland Park is, it use to be a rock quarry ,but it's a park now. This might be a place to check out.

Here's a list of rock quarry's, Maybe one of you OKC guys could call them and see if we could comp at their place or maybe they got a quarry they don't use that we can. They might know of more quarrys that have been turned into parks. We don't know unless we ask. All they can say is no.

DOLESE BROS CO 405-235-2311

20 Nw 13th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73103

MINICK MATERIALS 405-789-2068

326 N Council Rd
Oklahoma City, OK 73127

RICHBURG STONE 405-842-5845

7000 N Shartel Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73116

MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS 405-799-7799

203 Industrial Blvd
Moore, OK 73160
5.6MI from Oklahoma City

MINICK MATERIALS 405-755-2068

14141 N Santa Fe Ave
Edmond, OK 73013
14.4MI from Oklahoma City

DOLESE BROS CO 580-464-3168

Cyril Plant
Cyril, OK 73029
54.1MI from Oklahoma City

DOLESE BROTHERS CO 580-464-3168

Highway 8
Cyril, OK 73029
54.1MI from Oklahoma City

MC PHEARSON STONE QUARRY 405-663-2730

Rr 1 Box 41
Hydro, OK 73048
58.2MI from Oklahoma City

MERIDIAN 580-384-5758

11999 W Amos Coley Rd
Mill Creek, OK 74856
83.8MI from Oklahoma City

Back to top Go down

Post by DARKHORSE Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:34 am

Sounds great to me, Chad and I found a great place out her in Oklahoma City last summer, But we couldnt park anywhere near it. The local authority's came out and was gonna site him and I parking tickets. And then the state was gonna bill us for parking on the grass. Sorta sucked. So we left.. I will see if I can find something else..
DARKHORSE
DARKHORSE
OKRCRC

Male Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:47 am

DARKHORSE wrote:Sounds great to me, Chad and I found a great place out her in Oklahoma City last summer, But we couldnt park anywhere near it. The local authority's came out and was gonna site him and I parking tickets. And then the state was gonna bill us for parking on the grass. Sorta sucked. So we left.. I will see if I can find something else..
You found a place thats not OK to be at. Thats the trouble with city life. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:06 pm

Has anybody talk to the rc tracks that are around there, They might pay for a course to be buildt. Maybe so hobby stores, some times they have buildings to put an indoor course in. They make money on us running on they're course and they'll start selling the parts we need too. If they can get the labor for free, they might be up for paying for all the materials. It does take time and work to do, but could be worth it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:31 pm

Anybody look at Turner Falls yet, looks like there might be a chance from the web site I was looking at. I might have to go for a ride soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:53 am

DARKHORSE wrote:Sounds great to me, Chad and I found a great place out her in Oklahoma City last summer, But we couldnt park anywhere near it. The local authority's came out and was gonna site him and I parking tickets. And then the state was gonna bill us for parking on the grass. Sorta sucked. So we left.. I will see if I can find something else..
Thanks for trying Darkhorse.

Back to top Go down

Post by schecterplayer Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:34 pm

The people I talked to at turner falls never said no, but werent real keen about the idea either. im still tryin to find the right person to talk to.
schecterplayer
schecterplayer
OKRCRC

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:43 pm

schecterplayer wrote:The people I talked to at turner falls never said no, but werent real keen about the idea either. im still tryin to find the right person to talk to.
What does it look like there, we need pics with your car in it. Did you show them your rig and let them know that we wouldn't do anything to the rocks that people walking on them would. I'm pushing your + just for checking the falls out Thumbs up . I was about to go for a ride myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by schecterplayer Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:52 pm

i didnt have that much time to go all over. they are gettn pretty picky where people even walk these days. yeah i showd em my rig and they told me to come back in a few weeks to talk to someone else. they were in the process of gettin ready for the season. i aint gonna let it go tho. im a persistant s.o.b.
schecterplayer
schecterplayer
OKRCRC

Back to top Go down

Post by CD13 Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:32 pm

10.00 entry fee,Lots of people and no real consent rock except at the water falls.looking at Lake Murry
CD13
CD13
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:44 pm

CD13 wrote:10.00 entry fee,Lots of people and no real consent rock except at the water falls.looking at Lake Murry
The lots of people not a bad thing is it. Is it about like Robber's Cave as far as people go. Or is it just not the place we could use.

Back to top Go down

Post by CD13 Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:08 pm

I would say 10.00 to get in is a little steep for what they have to offer.Red Rock is another place I'm checking but all these places are futher then Enid
CD13
CD13
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Futher than Enid from you or me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:16 am

ROCKEDUP RICKY wrote:Futher than Enid from you or me.
I found it . Looking at their site, it looks like it might have some comp worthy places. I don't think they would mine us being on the rocks. In one of the pics you can see names carved in the rocks.

Back to top Go down

Post by chad30w Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:26 am

Rick if you wanna come down some time to Enid we leave from here and i'll shoot down there with ya if you want??? I'll get back to ya on the message Thumbs up
chad30w
chad30w
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:33 am

chad30w wrote:Rick if you wanna come down some time to Enid we leave from here and i'll shoot down there with ya if you want??? I'll get back to ya on the message Thumbs up
Thats CD's thing he is doing, How far is Red Rock from you. Don't worry about the message ,I'm not.

Back to top Go down

Post by CD13 Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:42 pm

You have to pay at the gate to get to the rocks,10.00 per person.Turner Falls is futher then Enid for you.Red Rock is about the same distance and it don't cost anything to get in the park.
CD13
CD13
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:35 am

You seem to be going west instead of central. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by chad30w Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:51 pm

Well...........we kinda go way east for you guys......Don't we??? scratch
chad30w
chad30w
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 pm

I thought the idea was to meet in the middle. We could have a east and west chapter in the club .
Next year we could do a east and west series. Then take the top 5 from each side and have a crawl off, a lot of clubs do that. Would that be easier for everybody to go to comps and some of the east guys wanted to go to west or the other way around they could.
We would have to make sure they were on different weekends .

Back to top Go down

Post by schecterplayer Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:30 am

i found what i think would make a great spot at lake murray spillway. i took a crapload of pics yesterday. however my camera was stolen yesterday evening along with alot of other stuff. anywho its free to get in there lots of parking and alot of rocky terrain. im gonna try to get more pics but its supposed to rain for the next few days so ill get back there asap. the only downfall is the road leading in is a little washed out. a lowrider or car would have a hard time gettn in. i crawled about 2 hrs and never went the same line twice. Thumbs up
schecterplayer
schecterplayer
OKRCRC

Back to top Go down

Post by CD13 Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:20 am

Thats a place I wanted to check out.Is it big bolders or flat rocks?
CD13
CD13
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by schecterplayer Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:05 am

more flat rocks.
schecterplayer
schecterplayer
OKRCRC

Back to top Go down

Post by CD13 Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:27 am

Anyone open to check it out this weekend? Lets meet some where like the entrence or boat docks Thumbs up
CD13
CD13
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next